Tuesday, June 8, 2010

New Gaga

So finally the Alejandro video was released:




I love it, I like it better than Telephone. Telephone was clever but a little too campy for my taste. Anyway I don't know jack shit about art or anything, but I think Lady Gaga is an artist and for once, it's nice to understand the inspiration behind her work. I mean, I know it's not a coincidence there is a barbed wire wrapped heart with a nail driven through it on a pillow in the beginning of the video. That is directly influenced by The Real World London's Neil and the valentine he got from his then-girlfriend Chrys.

I even remember Portishead's "Sour Times" was the song during that segment.


I'm not the only person who remembers that, right?


I keep looking for a video clip of it online but youtube is worthless. Now I'm reobsessed with Neil from The Real World London.

Here is his amusing website.



2 notes:

marissa said...

oh you are NOT the only one who remembers that.

Lauren Grabowski said...

marissa! i knew i couldn't be. i remember when i heard that portishead record for the first time, in college or something, and that song came on i was like....pig heart....neil...valentines day!

Post a Comment